Young people – what to expect
When you arrive
• Your group leader confirms your name at the prison gate.
• You walk to an area and are searched by a prison officer.
• Then you are welcomed by one of the KeepOut team.
• Your group is taken to the room to start the KeepOut event.
• It is a classroom style room, with comfy chairs and tea/coffee.
• You bring your own lunch, following prison rules of what’s allowed.
Meeting the team
• The prisoner team introduce themselves.
• They are all trained to work with young people.
• Their aim is to make your day productive, fun, exciting and successful.
• The workshop is structured to suit your needs, to listen to you.
• We want you to ask questions – and for you to get something out of it.
The KeepOut event
• The prisoners’ message is about personal responsibility, victims
• The atmosphere is relaxed but not so relaxed you’ll fall asleep!
• You’ll take part in games, watch drama and work in a small group.
• You’ll listen to the moving personal testimonies of the prisoners.
• Most young people gain a lot from meeting and learning from
We hope you will, too.